Collective exhibitions are featured in addition to thematic insights and single presentations of national and international relevance. Furthermore, special attention is drawn to young performers and to regional artists. An innovative and broad program for children, families, adults, and schools opens new approaches to the arts.
Built in 1959, the Aargauer Kunsthaus reopened in 2003 with an exceptional extension designed by the renowned architects Herzog & de Meuron and artist Rémy Zaugg. Since then, 3000 square meters of exhibition space have been available. The foyer houses a café and a shop selling art books, while a reference library and the art education studio are located on the lower level.
The Aargau Art Association was established in 1860 and is one of the largest and most active art associations in Switzerland.