MV Drives Power Electronics Testing and Laboratory Specialist (80-100%)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The Medium Voltage Drives R&D team is in charge of the design and development of the power electronics frequency converters subjected to multiple operation conditions and constraints required on different application fields and industries such as renewables, marine, oil and gas, food industry, metals, water, etc. In such a framework and as part of the Power Electronics and Components R&D team, we are looking for a Power Electronics Testing and Laboratory Lead Specialist that will contribute on the MV Drives system design, specification, testing and qualification of the main drive components and on the certification of different existing and new ABB MV Drives Frequency Converters product families. The role includes the implementation and execution of the validation and qualification testing protocols of components, sub-systems and systems within the internal and external R&D Testing and Laboratories’ infrastructure and facilities for specific MV Drives projects.
This position reports to
R&D Team Lead
- R&D Testing and Laboratory Specialist activities aiming the R&D validation and qualification of MV Drives components, sub-systems and systems in the existing and new internal testing setups and areas and in external facilities. This includes planning, practical implementation and execution, analysis and documentation activities of MV Drives’ tests, with close interaction with other R&D engineers, testing and laboratory specialists and technicians.
- Member of the MV Drives - Power Electronics and Components R&D team contributing to the design, specification, testing and qualification of the main components and sub-systems of MV frequency converters. The tasks cover the phases from the conceptual design of the Power Electronics Converter Systems using simulation tools to their final validation in the R&D labs.
- Contribution to the maintenance and further development of the key Power Electronics Technologies Expertise and Know-How of the MV Drives Power Electronics and Components R&D team in testing, validation, and certification.
- You will be part of advanced R&D activities in the field of power electronics for the existing and next generation of ABB MV Drives products, in close cooperation with a highly qualified senior team of R&D engineers and specialists
- University, University of Applied Sciences Bachelor or Master degree, or Equivalent Experience in the field of electrical engineering with focus on Power Electronics testing and validation.
- Experience and high interest on practical R&D experimentation, testing and validation of Power Electronics converters in Medium Voltage and High-Power testing environment.
- Know-how and expertise in test systems, equipment and infrastructure related to the validation and qualification of power electronics components and sub-systems testing, including protocols for safety, quality, reliability, and certification.
- Interest in applied research and development, self-organized, motivated person, that likes to work in a research and development team composed of experts in different domains.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. German is a plus.
- Availability to travel sporadically.
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). The recruiting process is being led by Peter Reinhardt, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. ABB Data Privacy Statement: https://new.abb.com/privacy-notice/candidate Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid