Mechanical Process Innovation Engineer (100%)Posted Date 3 months ago(11/9/2022 9:59 AM)
- Job Code
- Cement Excellence - Manufacturing
- # of Openings
- Contract Type
- Regular Full-Time
Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting, and no agency involvement is required unless contractually assigned.
As we continue to look for more sustainable ways to build, we need world-class talent to join our team. People who are passionate about sustainability, driven by curiosity and keen to grow, learn, develop and thrive in our high-performance culture.
Holcim announced in September 2020 the Net Zero Pledge, i.e. meet the 1.5DC target in alignment with SBTi. Avoiding, reducing and capturing CO2 are the key pillars of this journey. Hence avoiding/capturing CO2 is an important leg of this journey. We have to further develop various technologies with the objective of having 2030 economically viable solutions at industrial scale. Holcim is not focusing on a single technology and solution; the scope is quite broad, involving people at local, regional and corporate level. In order to develop and manage disruptive technologies and give best support to the countries in integrating new technologies in the cement manufacturing environment, technical activities need to be coordinated amongst various players.
- Developing and scouting of disruptive ideas and concepts in the field of cement manufacturing with a focus on raw material management and comminution
- Designing processes from ideas via lab testing to successful commissioning of demonstrators
- Implementing tests, prototypes and pilot plants
- Coordination of various stakeholders and partners at global level in the field of process innovation projects, internal as well as external (academia, suppliers etc) while also ensuring interface to upstream and downstream processes
- Coordinating comminution activities with product development and marketing teams and developing joint activities with them
- Developing future knowledge for the Holcim group
- Coaching and empowering project teams in the countries and regions in order to drive process innovation within their projects or studies.
- Represent the Process Innovation team in different Holcim projects, in meetings and/or conferences, share, spread out knowledge and best practices
- Bachelor or Master degree in process engineering or equivalent technical masters degree
- Additional business certificate is a plus
- Technical leadership in raw material preparation and comminution technologies
- Experience working in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environments
- Experience in an innovation environment is an asset
Knowledge & Skills
- Curiosity, open to extend activity scope
- Agile and innovative mindset
- Business / financial acumen
- Strong communication, team and influencing skills (lead without being formally in charge)
- Result oriented
- Resilience and perseverance
Language Requirements Fluency in English (oral and written). Any other language is a plus.
Travel Requirements up to 40%
OptionsApply for this jobApplyShareEmail this job to a friendReferSorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share on your newsfeed