Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
Formulation Group Leader (m/f/d) - 18045715
We are currently seeking a Formulation Group Leader (f/n/m) in Münchwilen (AG), Switzerland. In this role you lead a Formulation Development Group within the Product Technology & Engineering function at Münchwilen in order to deliver new products and technologies for internal and external customers.
• Ensure personal development and coaching of staff within the group, aiming to a continuous and sustainable improvement of the FD scientists.
• Work closely in partnership with technical and commercial teams both regionally and globally, enabling rapidly development of products that addresses the evolving customer needs.
• Work with global PT&E contacts for project allocation, co-ordination of resources and managing cross-site interfaces in order to make the best usage of the global FD resources and exchange novel science and technology
• Ensure that all operations under direct control comply with Syngenta Health, Safety & Environment policies and conform to Syngenta legal standards
• Provide strategic input to appropriate Business Sectors, offer advice and influence in the development of the overall business strategy for the Sector and in the generation of individual product strategies
• Lead, coach, mentor and develop teams of formulation professionals
• Provide direction and empowerment to ensure the design and development of products which are robust in manufacture and use
• Contribute significantly to the development of functional excellence and the implementation of the global formulation technology strategy by applying broad cross-functional and business knowledge and initiating and leading improvement initiatives as appropriate
• Provide constructive challenge to ensure scientific integrity and prioritization of work and build a culture of innovation within the organization
• Maintain an awareness of scientific advances and competitive activity thorough knowledge of the literature, competitors monitoring (Ips, key formulations evaluation, etc.) and attendance at national and international meetings
• Promote interaction and connection with other PT&E groups (Analytical, Application, Formulation and Packaging Engineering) to deliver the best product experience for our customers
What we expect:
• A Scientific Degree (or equivalent) in chemistry or engineering or related discipline (BSc, PhD)
• Knowledge of formulation technology applied in the development of innovative new products and their scale-up and manufacture.
• knowledge of Formulation Product life cycle management from introduction to phase-out
• You have the ability to influence, inspire and motivate
• You deliver effective stakeholder management and are to represent Formulation in key Syngenta forums (e.g. leadership meetings)
• You have experience in leading teams or groups in fundamental areas of formulation technology development
• You are strongly focused on the development of people and competent of applying full spectrum of management and coaching skills
What we offer:
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits including:
• We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment
• Flexible working arrangements, a superb working environment with an open culture and diverse workforce where new ideas are always welcome
• The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees and gain scientific and technical excellence
• Learning culture (Together we Grow) and wide range of training options
• You will profit from a competitive pension fund plan, attractive bonus system, onsite doctor, fitness room, canteen, and other benefits (Family friendly initiatives, Child and Family allowance...)
Interested? We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, diploma, certificates) – reference number 18045715.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Learn more about our team, our mission and how we achieve our goals.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.